Thursday, May 10, 2007

Coming Back

catjpg
(Catussaba Resort Hotel , Stella Maris, Salvador)
Coming back from home means going through a re-ajusting process. I need to get used to certain things and re-learn to live without others that I go used to during my stay. Every time I return, I realize that food was present everywhere, at all times. The re-collection of aromas, flavors, textures and colors of everything I ate, brings to mind sweet memories of moments, places and loved ones.

doces1
(Homemade sweets: milk, pineapple, banana, coconut, guava & guava-coconut)
Eventually, nostalgia will be replaced by antecipation of another visit and among photographs, new recipes and future experiences to come, time goes by in a simple way, like Silvia said, "simples, como a vida deve ser", simple as life should be.

frad2
(Black-eyed peas with dry shrimp, fake dried-codfish moqueca, brocoli rice & lettuce-tomato salad)

No comments: